Click here to open external link
ByFebruary 2, 2018 5:17 pm
CLARKSVILLE, Tenn. (CLARKSVILLENOW) – A Fort Campbell soldier who has been accused of raping and murdering his 9-month-old daughter in November of 2017 has bonded out of jail and returned to Fort Campbell.
Court records indicate that 22-year-old Christopher Conway posted bond on Wednesday, Jan. 31. His bond had been reduced to $250,000 from $500,000.
According to court records, Conway’s bank accounts have been levied.
LTC Martin O’Donnell, spokesperson for Fort Campbell, told ClarksvilleNow that upon his release from bond, Conway was returned to Fort Campbell’s custody and is present and accounted for at Fort Campbell.
“The safety of all our Soldiers, their Families and the local community is of paramount concern and we have policies and procedures in place to protect their well-being. We fully support the local authorities as they continue to investigate this case,” O’Donnell said.
Conway’s original arrest warrant states that he admitted to the rape and murder of his child, but he has not yet gone to trial or pleaded guilty to the charges.
During the original investigation of the case, the special operations homicide unit detectives determined the nine-month-old female infant had been sexually assaulted and that a cord was wrapped around her neck, causing her death.